Monday, December 04, 2006

let the partying begin

This Saturday I kicked off the Christmas season with my first Christmas party. It was the social club's annual adult Christmas dinner & dance. After months of preparation - the event was finally here. We had a pretty busy week getting ready for it. A few glitches along the way (including a floor plan change by the hotel at 2 days prior to the party) but we survived. Robyn and I even had an eventful Thursday night shopping for door prizes at Metrotown. That proved to be challenging as I had lost power to the house that day and didn't have a car. She didn't either as the weather caused both of us traffic misery. So we skytrained to Metrotown after work intending to buy lots of gifts then bumming a ride from a relative. KA came to the rescue. I managed to convince her and Michael that they should come shopping at Metrotown. They came with their big car and we managed to load the (super heavy) gifts into it.

Saturday had it's own challenges too. Being busy with our own little tasks for the party - we forgot to think ahead. So when Robyn was running late and she was the only one with the guest list and seating plan - I had to stop people from entering the ballroom as I didn't know who was suppose to sit where. Luckily she came and we frantically seated people. :-) I getting hot from running around! Lol - reminded me of a wedding. The food at the Georgia Hotel was wonderful. We had opted for a sit-down meal (instead of a buffet) and it was nice. Everyone got to eat at the same time. Poor Chicky had to hang out with my coworkers as I ran around and did errands. Between eating, taking pictures, running the games and making sure the DJ did his job - I got to eat a few bites of food. Overall I was REALLY happy with the turn out and that fact that it was well organized (minus those few moments when we scrambled to find people seats or dealt with the DJ power problem). I'm happy that the 2006 events are coming to an end as it's been a long week and I'm ready to crash.

Next weekend is Chicky's company Xmas party then his dragon boat team Xmas party. After that is just friends and family Xmas parties. So much food - looking forward to eating it all!!

No comments: