On Saturday was Chicky's company's annual Christmas party. They held it at the Fairmount Vancouver Waterfront. It's a gorgeous hotel. Chicky and I walked to the party from his place. It was quite the stroll - about 3 blocks in the sprinkling rain. It was romantic. We had his golf umbrella so that I wouldn't have frizzy hair by the time we got to the party.The party was really good. The food was spectacular - Chicky even had seconds! As usual it was an open bar. I had an array of drinks infront of my but it was the glass of wine that put "color" into my cheeks. I was glassy-eyed by the time dessert came around. :-)
For entertainment the company hired some performers from the Drum Cafe. I've heard of them before and seen some of their team building events. I was very impressed with the precision of the instruments, the excitment from the crowd and the excersizes that they had us do. We clapped rhythms in harmony to the beat of the drums and when the bag of morrocos came out - the crowd went wild! An enjoyable experience which left me to ponder whether I should look at hiring them for one of our own Social Club events. I'm ever on the lookout for Social Club ideas. I did speak to a lady at our table who just finished with a Survivor event hosted by Canadian Outback Adventures. Sounded like lots of fun. I told her that I'm looking into hiring that company for an event as well and asked for feedback. She was most willing to give me some.
We also played Heads & Tails for a chance at winning 2 airfare tickets for anywhere in the continental US. I was close to winning! But got eliminated when my "heads" streak came to an end. :-) Oh well - I was fun to be one of the last few people standing on the dance floor. After dinner and dessert, Chicky and I mingled with his friends, danced a few songs, watched some good dancers show the rest of us how bad we look on the dance floor and went home. Here are a few pictures from the party.
2 comments:
Hehe, ahhh Kelvin can't hold his liquor... so puffy and red :)
hhahaha...the funny part was that he didn't drink at all! I had some drinks to make the party for "fun" for myself. Must be the camera setting for him...
Post a Comment