On Saturday night was our annual potluck Xmas party with our friends. The Mackey's hosted this year. Very nice of Josie and Jonathan to share their new home with us. I think it's becoming a tradition for those that have the newest home to host the Xmas potluck.We all had a great time catching up with everyone. It was nice to see people that I haven't seen in a long time - such as Billy, Kim and their son London. The last time I saw London was when he was born. Now he's 18 months old and so cute. We took pictures and had dinner. Tanya proved to be the only chef. The rest of us are devoted patrons of Hon's.
As we grow older it's harder to stay in touch. I find that everyone's lives are changing at a fast rate. In the last year the lives of Josie/Jonathan, Chris/Cindy and Charlene/Scott have changed dramatically. A baby was born, a couple got pregnant and another couple is getting married. When I think of other friends who's lives are rapidly changing as well, I can't help but think of how it was just yesterday that I was hanging out with them and discussing important things as cute guys and what's in to wear, going hiking or enjoying a day window shopping. I think I'll have to start up the dim sum thing again next year. I miss just hanging out with the girls and catching up on their lives. As mentioned at the party, we seem to stay in touch with those that have blog sites. It's funny how communication styles have changed over time.
No comments:
Post a Comment