Wednesday, December 20, 2006

going bananas

On Monday night I went out for dinner with Tanya, Shannan and Kenny. All 3 of them will be away for Christmas. We went down to Kitsilano and ate at Banana Leaf. The restaurant is nice but a bit far away. It's close to Shannan though! Eating out with just a few friends is good because you can actually talk to each other instead of trying to entertain masses of people. Plus the conversation is more intimate. Kenny got to listen to a lot of girl talk. He's a great guy though and gave the "man's perspective" whenever it was appropriate. :-)

The traffic was horrible (for me anyways). Getting off the North Shore proved to be a challenge. I vote that they expand the Lions Gate Bridge. It's in deperate need of work as with the wind storms - it's proved to be a disadvantage to live in the westend and have to cross that bridge. Yet there was a silver lining to all of this road rage. In an attempt to escape it - after sitting in traffic for an hour and not moving anywhere - I turned into my gym and went for a swim in the pool. An hour later I walked out of the gym and the traffic still hadn't moved. I opted to turn around and cross the Second Narrows - that was MUCH faster.

I really like Malaysian food. Roti canai...can't get enough of that. Lol - good thing that Chicky and I are heading to Malaysia in a couple of months. I'm so looking forward to the scrumptious food we can get our hands onto. :-) Going to need to bring my stretchy clothes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out, Kimmi! I promise... next time, I'll come out your way =).