This week is test time. Today I wrote a test for the Help Desk Analyst II position. It's basically the next level up from my current job. I applied for this job 2 weeks ago and now they're starting with the testing. The exam was super long. I cringed at most of the questions. You can't really study for these kinds of tests cause it's one of those "you know it or don't know it" exams. The first part was "technical". This is one of my weaker areas so I had anxiety after staring at the first 2 questions. "Name the port numbers for the following..." Kay...port 80 is for internet. But that was only one port. I accomplished nothing on that section. Moving on...networking...not so hot there either. Lol - it's kind of funny how we're suppose to know a little about everything. But I don't think anyone will do superb on the exam (or I hope). If I pass this stage then I move onto Part 2 of the application which is an assignment and PowerPoint presentation. Topic is given 2 days prior to presenting. Wonderful. If I clear that stage then it's the interview. I think that if you get to the interview stage then you're probably a sure thing. I was hoping to get another job in another area. Getting a bit tired of IT support. My tolerance for computer illiterate people is getting low...especially if I haven't had my morning coffee yet!
Thursday night this week I'll be writing my Marketing final exam. So that will be another exam over and done with. After Thursday I can concentrate on my work load and try to catch up before the end of the year. All the social club stuff has been interfering with my real work and someone might ask (not that anyone does) why things aren't done this month. :-) Back to writing boring technical documents. Too bad we can't write technical documents with more flavour! Imagine if reference document for MS Outlook had a story line like a suspense novel. :-) That would be more interesting! If you think these blogs are boring - you should check out the stuff I write for work. It's like an alien language - full of acronyms!
No comments:
Post a Comment