Monday, December 11, 2006

sleep is over rated

It's nearly midnight and I feel wired. This is despite the fact that I've only had about 4 hours of sleep since yesterday. Sunday a lazy day. The adventures in finding a place to have lunch was amusing. Chicky and I found ourselves in West Vancouver after perusing the streets of Vancouver to no avail.

After lunch Chicky was a tired (probably emotionally) and not in the mood for Christmas shopping so we went back to his place. Nick and Lisa had gotten up much earlier than us and had brunch. They had a Christmas party the night before and got home at around the same time as us. We watched a bit of TV with them before going to bed. Lisa is so cool - she made her own Christmas gown. Since I've known her (which has been on and off for the last 4 or 5 years) she's like making fancy dresses for parties. She's quite the seamstress. Nick and Chicky relaxed the rest of the afternoon by playing computer games with each other. Lisa and I watched Pirates of the Caribean: Deadman's Chest. After that Lisa went out for a bit and I took a nap on the couch. Nick has new couches - so big and comfy. Only thing is that they are leather and VERY cold. I feel like I have to be bundled up while watching TV. Unfortunately Nick doesn't suscribe to cable to the TV channel selection is limited. That's not too disappointing to me as I normally watch channel 25 and 50 (cartoon channels). Once in awhile I'll mix it up and watch the space or discovery channels.

When I woke up from my nap it was nearly dinner time. Lisa had come back and had changed the channel - she's not as much of a cartoon freak as I am. The 4 of us ordered pizza and all watched Da Vinci's Code. Some times it's just nice to just sit around and relax.

After Da Vinci's Code - it was 9pm and I was heading out to go home. Chicky and I then debated if we wanted to watch a new movie (in the theatre). That would have meant that I'd be up past midnight. He didn't really care as he had monday off. I said "what the heck - sure!" So we watched Blood Diamond. That movie was almost 2 hours long! I got home at 1:30am - had to get up for work 4 hours later.

No comments: