I went to Lions Gate Hospital this morning for my bone density exam. My doctors insists that I get one. She's being overly paranoid.Hospitals are so scary looking! I had some problems finding it - thank goodness I left really early from home! Got there and the information lady wasn't in yet. Probably because it was pretty early in the morning. I had called the hospital the day before to find out which ward I'm suppose to go to. Nuclear medicine. I checked the wall map and found out that it's located in the basement (next to emergency and cardiology). Found my way down there. Had some time before my appointment so I diddled and dawdled. I took a picture of the sign. I was a bit hesitant about it doing because I feared a big-burly-hospital-attendant would come up and take the camera away. More fear for my camera's safety then for my own. There were various signs stating that all electrical equipment must be turned off. Does that apply to cameras?! So I depended on the 9X digital zoom to get me that image - not a clear image but you get the point.
The exam itself was really short - approximately 10 minutes. I got to wear a hospital gown. Whoohoo!!! Not the paper but the cloth kind. Now that's more classy. I didn't get to drink any radioactive substances or get injected with super powers. Too bad! It would have been a good excuse to take the day off from work. "Ahem...I can't come to work. They injected me with radioactive stuff and I can't be exposed to other people". Computer geeks probably don't know much about biology. :-) Except for our pal - Shannan...computer geek with a deadly bio edge!
The machine must not be that dangerous as the tech-lady sat at a computer next to the scan bed and talked to me during the whole thing. I got my hips and spine scanned. It's an interesting procedure. :-) I wouldn't rate it under the "10 things I MUST do before I die" category but it would probably fit under the "10 things I SHOULD do if I want complete the 10 things I must do before I die" list.
3 comments:
Computer geek with a deadly bio edge... hey, I kind of like that =). Oh, I bought a Canon PowerShot Elph 6MP digital camera today. Not sure if I'm going to keep it but I thought I'd try it out!
hey what about me? I'm a biologist for cryin' out loud!
Chris - you're a biologist but not a computer geek. :-) Yes - you adore computers at home (like me) but you they aren't fundamental to your field of work. Shannan is in bioinfomatics...so yah...computer geek at heart.
As for Shannon - Canon anything is sweet! I think I know which model you bought! 3inch lcd screen right? I was using one this week to take pictures of our Xmas potluck at work. Nice looking little camera.
Post a Comment