Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"so others may live"

On my way home today I stopped by the pier to look at the Korean battleships that have been docked there for the last 2 days. I have to admit that the reason I decided to stop by is that Lonsdale Quay was full of Korean sailors. :-) Mmm...men in uniform! Lol - if only they were older...some looked like they were barely 18. Having watched The Guardian movie on the weekend, I've had a mild interest in the naval forces. The movie really glorified the life of a US coast guard rescue swimmer. When a ran a Google search for a hyperlink to the movie I found an article that said that there were 18 real coast guard rescue swimmers, 4 Olympic swimmers and a couple tri-atheletes in the movie. How cool is that?! I really enjoyed the training sequences - very detailed. The movie was a bit too long though - approximately 2.5 hours long - which isn't so bad except we saw it on a week night and I work super early (bad combo). Oh well - who needs sleep anyways!

No comments: