On Friday night I went to the Burnaby Village Museum for their Haunted Deer Lake Walking Tours. I went with my coworkers and Tanya. I would give this tour a two thumbs down - like under my butt kind of "down". I was quite disappointed in the low budget production. I was mislead to believe that the tour would involve walking around the lake and listening to ghost stories. What we got instead was a historical lesson on 5 old building in the museum. Interesting but not worth $16/person. I'm sure these "facts" can be found in a book or on their website. Some of my coworkers tried to escape the painful narration (by these 2 old ladies) but we didn't let them out of our sight. What I do recommend instead is the Vancouver Haunted House tour - much better narration and better locations too. The funny part was at the end of the walk, the ladies provided us forms in which we can provide feedback on. Unfortunately for them - I'm a pretty critical person who is not concerned about being a polite citizen and providing fake feedback. :-) My coworker and I gave them "truthful" ratings and wrote in the comments section. They wanted feedback - so they got it!Tuesday, October 17, 2006
haunted walk
On Friday night I went to the Burnaby Village Museum for their Haunted Deer Lake Walking Tours. I went with my coworkers and Tanya. I would give this tour a two thumbs down - like under my butt kind of "down". I was quite disappointed in the low budget production. I was mislead to believe that the tour would involve walking around the lake and listening to ghost stories. What we got instead was a historical lesson on 5 old building in the museum. Interesting but not worth $16/person. I'm sure these "facts" can be found in a book or on their website. Some of my coworkers tried to escape the painful narration (by these 2 old ladies) but we didn't let them out of our sight. What I do recommend instead is the Vancouver Haunted House tour - much better narration and better locations too. The funny part was at the end of the walk, the ladies provided us forms in which we can provide feedback on. Unfortunately for them - I'm a pretty critical person who is not concerned about being a polite citizen and providing fake feedback. :-) My coworker and I gave them "truthful" ratings and wrote in the comments section. They wanted feedback - so they got it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment