
At work today we kicked off the
United Way 2006 campaign. Our company thoroughly supports this non-profit organization. In the past the company would coerce you into donating but in the recent years they have been more laid back about it. I always like the annual kick off. It involves a whole wack of people on multiple levels throwing paper airplanes onto a target on the first floor. We have to "purchase" the airplane paper (basically making a donation) then we get to fold them into what might resemble an airplane. I discovered that I have very BASIC paper-airplane-folding skills. I saw some of the people beside me and marvelled at their aerodynamic forms. :-) And that's why I'm not an engineer! I had my handy dandy camera with me so I took some quick pictures of the crowd and of course - the big TOSS. :-) It was really cool to see hundreds of paper airplanes in different colors float down from various floors. I was on the 4th floor and one of my planes (the chubby one with too much wing span and not enough body) floated onto the 3rd floor balcony and got stuck. The good thing is that my other 3 designs made it to the ground on the 1st floor (though miles away from the target).

On a side note. Have you seen the new campaign posters? They're hilarious! It's probably inapropriate to laugh at because they carry a "message". Anyhow - my favorite is GI-Joe standing over Barbie with a bat (message was about domestic violence). I think this years campaign is targeted at kids as all the posters have this sort of theme to them (toy figurines). It's like those porcelien figures on the Life Network (you'll know what I'm talking about if you watch that channel)...the lady with the cats or the guys with his hands sawed off.
No comments:
Post a Comment