Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!

I hope you had a great day full of fun, food and sugar-rushes. I had a great time at work. As a department, we dressed in pirate outfits. Shelby got creative and designed/created a costume for herself and I. Adhering to our pirate theme, she was a pirate ship and I was a treasure chest. The effort she put in was astounding! Many people dressed up at work today. I think it's cause the Social Club (who hosts the Halloween Parade) is offering an IPOD as one of the prizes. :-) We're on our way to improving the club's image and participation levels for events. Hahhaa...they should be grateful to have me on their team! Modesty is not my middle name. I was happy to see many creative costumes as well. Check out the pictures here.

After work I lugged a 5kg pumpkin (someone gave it to me - it was beautifully carved...how could I resist!), my costume stuff, my potluck stuff and my regular (huge) bag back to my car. I park 4 blocks away from work. It was all up hill. I thought my arms were going to fall off. I'm still partially recovering from volleyball. As I panted and took rest stops, I contemplated buying a personal cart (like the one Tanya has). Imagine being able to strap your pumpkin and crap to it and just rolling the car back to the car. I'd be as cool as an airline stewardess. Where's the nearest Staples?!?

1 comment:

Tannu said...

Killer costume Kimmi! Love it!