Sunday, October 08, 2006

poker stars

On Friday night Chicky and I went to play poker with Michael's friends. One of his friends was hosting a tournament at his office. The friend turned out to be Jason Low - an old friend of Cindy's. I laughed as I seem to run into Jason everynow and then - the last time I saw him was when he came over to the house. There were 18 players and we knew half of the group - all friends of KA and Michael. Basically their whole bridal party was there. The game was fun because there was no buy-ins (so basically the maximum amount you could lose is $5). We played at Jason's office - he's a financial advisor so I thought that it was funny he was hosting a tournament in his office. I guess he could "advise" us when it's time to quit and cut our losses! The good thing about having your own office is that there's so much room to do stuff - we played in his presentation room. Basically locked the office and set up shop for the evening. One of the people there was Chicky's coworker. She's a friend of Michael's and just started with Ritchie Bros. She was doing a lot of trash talking at the table and won the first game. She wants in on the company game that Chicky plays in on Friday nights - he's too scared to take her as she's a pretty agressive player. :-) We invited her to come to one of our "family" games. We found that Chicky, Michael and I didn't take the game very seriously. The skill level varied - from people who never played before to the sharks-in-hiding. We didn't want to be rude and take their money the first time we came. Plus Jason was scarying everyone with talk about having played one of our "family" games and barely surving it. It's going to be a poker weekend though. We have poker night at Michelle's house on Sunday (after the turkey dinner) and on Monday night (my house - after our turkey dinner). My house should be fun as the whole family is going to be here (meaning 14 core players). Some days I think we have an addiction.

No comments: