Monday, January 08, 2007

snacking

I was just looking at some of the food-centered blogs out there and began thinking that I should cook more. Many of you are great cooks and are having lots of fun experimenting with recipes. I haven't done much cooking since moving back home. Realistically - I barely cook as there's always food in the fridge (between my mom and my sister cooking). I use to go to these cooking-get-togethers and "learn" how to cook different things. It use to be over at Michelle's house or at one of the other girls. Tracey and Frank tried to start up a little cooking club but I haven't seen a recent meeting from them. Maybe I should should spice up the dim sum routine with the girls and have some cooking nights. Of course I loved things that are themed - therefore we'll have cooking themes! Don't quite know how to work it around everyone's schedules though but we can figure that out later. Here's a good dip recipe I got from my coworker.


Recipe for Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
6 Mangos (not too ripe) (peeled and stone removed)
2 Red Peppers
2 Green Peppers
1 Red Onion
1 Bundle of Cilantro
4 Limes
Jalapenos (I just use the jar ones)
2 tbsp honey (or more...)
**************************************************************************
1. Chop mangos, peppers, onion into a bite size pieces.
2. Combine the chopped ingredients.
3. Chop cilantro into fine pieces and add to the above ingredients.
4. Drain and chop jalapenos into fine pieces also and mix into the mango mixture.
5. Squeeze the limes into the mango mixture and add honey and blend it into the mixture. Try the salsa...might have to add more honey and or some more lime juice....

**Serve with Taco Chips**

No comments: