Sunday, January 14, 2007

let the celebrations begin

Saturday was Hanif's birthday. His birthday party is the first of the parties that we'll be attending for 2007. Betty was sweet enough to cook us dinner. After working all day, she came home and whipped up a tons of food (Betty style) for us. When I got to her house (at 8pm) she was still slaving away in the kitchen. I grined as it was quite the sight. Big belly and a bit too short to see what's inside all the pots she had going on the stove - she was on her tippy-toes trying to figure out if the curry was done. She made curry and pasta. She was trying to appease those that liked asian food (Minh) and those that like western food (Hanif).

It was nice to just have the kids hang out. We talked and caught up on what's going on with the baby. Hanif is excited and wanted Betty to give birth on his birthday. Betty's due in 2 weeks. Wow - how time flies! She's ready for the baby to come out though. I think she's tired of being pregnant. She says the baby is already 8lbs and we joked about her having a 10lb baby (naturally!). I insisted on taking some pictures of her - took much persuasion from the my sisters though as Betty has not been into taking pictures during her pregnancy. I told her that she would regret it years down the road - when her kid is all grown up. She didn't think so. Lol - I didn't care, I took some anyways! That's the great thing about being "family" - we don't really care what you think because we'll just continue to do what we want to do without hesitation.

After dinner the group had a few rounds of poker. I lost all my chips in the first hand! Boohoo.... Those guys and their over betting pre-flop!!! It was like almost ALL IN for the 3 of us (who were adamant about calling each other's bluffs) before the flop even happened. So having been eliminated in the first 5 minutes - I went to the kitchen with Angelina to see if we could make dessert. Betty was exhausted from cooking and playing hostess. The girls didn't last too long in the game - just a few hours. Soon most of the girls just went to bed. Betty joined Angelina in bed after giving up on the boys. KA and I crashed on the couches. By 5am the boys finally drew their game to a close and we all got up to go home. Thanks for dinner and many hours of entertainment Betty/Hanif!

No comments: