Tonight was my first night of photography class. I had a great time and learned many things. I'm taking night classes at Centennial Highschool in Coquitlam. I didn't know where the school was and had not given myself extra time for detours. When I finally found it - it was 7pm and I still had to figure out parking. I haven't been in a highschool in so long and felt lost. I was lost! Luckily I stumbled across a reception desk and the guy there pointed me in the right direction - to the "main" reception desk! Duh! After a few more wrong turns I walked into the classroom.My class consists of 5 other students and the instructor. All of us have digital cameras. This other guy and myself have the same camera but in different colors. There were 2 extended zoom cameras and a couple that shared an Olympus SLR. The skill level really varied. The lady with the Canon A630 (extended zoom) was delighted to have learned that she can twist her view finder (I think she's the least skilled in the class). While my camera twin was busy switching lenses - he had 3 different ones (most skilled). The guy with the S3 had a memory card problem so I lent him the one from my little camera (sad to say but I carry 3 SD cards in my bag). The class took note of my little camera and commented on it. I told them that my Canon SD500 is my "every day" camera and the SLR is for "special" occasions.
You can find out what I learned in my class in my photo blog. :-) Usually people who read this blog (versus my other one) aren't really interested in the gory details of that class. Don't worry - I won't bore you.
No comments:
Post a Comment