
Tonight I went out for dinner with Tanya, Tracey and Shannon. It was a bit of a last minute thing and after much confusion we managed to gather our thoughts and come up with a plan. Due to traffic and coming from various locations - we ended up meeting at Metrotown. Tanya was already there doing a bit of shopping.
Tanya's coworker recommended a new Thai restaurant across the street from Superstore at Metrotown. The name of the place is Green Basil. We all left our cars in the safety of the mall and jay-walked across the street. The weather was nippy and we were hungry. It was nearly 8:45pm when we got to the restaurant.

We sat down and looked at the menu. All the food sounded yummy! I see the waiter walk over and I'm puzzled for a second as he looks so familiar. I'm horrible at remembering people's names! He sees me and grins. Now I know that he knows me! So he walks up and says "cashew chicken?" to me. Then it hits me. Thai House - North Vancouver! Across from work is a Thai House. I go there at least once a week and always have the same dish - special #19 (cashew chicken). I burst out laughing at the relization that Eric (the waiter) has ended up here. There was a change in management at the Thai House and they let go of all the waiters. Which really sucked as part of the reason why we liked going there was that Rav (my coworker) was good friends with all the waiters and they'd give us "perks" (usually in the form of icecream). Being my nutty self - I wanted Eric to take a picture with us so that I could show my coworkers that I ran into him. Lol...that amused some of the other waiters. Then another guy came up to us and I recognize him as well (another ex-thai-house-waiter). I can't remember his name and can't cheat as he's not wearing a name tag here. I know he's the shy one though and doesn't talk often. Anyhow it was fun to see them as it just shows what a small world is it. Plus we got big scoops of icecream at the end of our meal because of Eric. Bonus!
It was nice to get out with the girls and chit chat about girl stuff. There was a lot of candid moments and giggles around the table. Good food and good friends - the best combination! I'm looking foward to doing more of this with the rest of the girls this year.
3 comments:
Thanks for organizing, Kimmi. It was so nice to see you gals, especially after a long stressful day!
How's the food?
The food was really good. Better than Thai House! The prices are reasonable too. We had a "combo for 4" which gave us a good selection (soup, appetizers, 3 main courses and dessert). The restaurant is cozy - not too big so the service is much more intimate. Lots of "changing plates" - lol...almost felt like I was at a Kirin chinese wedding dinner.
Post a Comment