Wednesday, August 09, 2006

separate parties

Friday, August 4th
  • priorities for the day included talking to my co-MC to work out some kind of schedule for the reception
  • learning that Rahim (the other MC) wanted to do an indian skit and that I would play a part in it...time to break out the Hindi-movie-moves!
  • that night Hanif's mom hosted a big Mehndi party for Hanif's side of the family. Betty didn't attend (she wasn't invited either).
Saturday, August 5th
  • Betty's mom to host a big dinner party at Dai Tung chinese restaurant. Hanif wasn't invited to this either.
  • There were 6 tables of people and we ate tons of food. Chicky and I sat with the main bridal party. He thought that he had scored big time by sitting with all the girls but he was wrong. These girls ate more than he did.
  • Our table even started stealing food from other tables that couldn't keep up. Yup - at one point in the night Chicky asked some of the girls how they ever managed to get boyfriends (because they were pigs!). :-P But it was fun that everyone can eat. Fighting over food is much more fun than sitting there quietly and staring at it.
  • Realistically we took a lot of the food back to my house for the all-night-poker-game that was about to commence.
  • The hubbies and boyfriends played poker at my house till 7am (Sunday - wedding day).
  • I was suppose to sleep over at Betty's but spent the night on the phone with Rahim working out the glitches to the schedule then finishing Betty's powerpoint show.
  • I'm really proud of the powerpoint show. I used MemoriesOnTv - it's a good piece of software and has wonderful transitions and zooming. I recommend it for others who want to do photo slideshows.

No comments: