Monday, August 14, 2006

more gadgets?

I've been looking at dSLR cameras - in particular the Canon Rebel XT. I haven't quite justified buying it yet though. Chicky thinks I should just settle for the Canon S3 - as my need for "zoom" superceeds my lack in funds. The total cost of owning a dSLR is crazy - don't know how some of my friends can do it.

As I looked at CNET to see what's new in the world of gadgets (I'm a gadget whore) I came across a laptop that I want. The Lenovo 3000 V100. It's so PRETTY (and functional). I don't actually need a new laptop as the one I have works perfectly fine. I just like the idea of having something smaller that I can carry with me. Soon I'll need a super-large backpack to house all the gear that I lug around. :-) The iPAQ has been fun but I'm finding that it's weighing down my bag. On an average day I have my digital camera (which I never leave home without), wallet, change pouch, iPAQ, cell phone and all the other garbage that I've interpreted as "essential" to my daily commute.

I should stop it with the computer-hoarding. Some of my parents friends that have come to the house and wonder if us kids are crazy as we have more computers in the house than we do people! It's actually gotten really bad as we're starting to use MSN Messenger to talk to each other (from different rooms in the house). One day I'll have no social skills left and the only friends will be ones that have access to a computer. So you guys are my only friends! ;-)

No comments: