Thursday, October 11, 2007

paranoia

I haven't slept much. Paranoia is setting in. I took a "sick" day today and will likely take one tomorrow. I slept lightly last night as every squeaky sound made me get up and walk around the house. I wasn't the only one paranoid. The first time I walked downstairs in the middle of the night - I noticed that my parents had shoved a diningroom chair into the front door handle. Goodness - what has it come to?!

Everyone left for work this morning. I couldn't sleep so I took my stuff down here to watch TV, eat breakfast and begin the hunt for the social worker. No luck though - she was out of the office to pick up another child. She had her child protector hat on today and could not deal with Thomas' situation. I basically stayed in the house all morning and talked to AlarmForce. I was really disappointed that they can't book an installation till October 22nd. That's like WAY too late!!! I've tried escalating the situation to them and they said they would book me into the next cancellation. I guess I'll have to follow up tomorrow.

Feeling brave - MuiMui and I went out to get the mail. Putting my key into the mailbox, my neighbor pulls up in his white car. He wanted to give me an update on what's going on. Apparently Thomas' brother and friend came back last night. They were seen walking around the property. The neighbor's dogs were going nuts so he went out to check, he saw them then opened the window to yell at them when they ran away. Great - now my paranoia has been reinforced! That's one great thing about having creepy-snoopy neighbors - they come in handy when it comes to situations like this. Mental note to self - get something nice for the neighbor and his family for putting up with our mess and always watching our property.

I come home and call Thomas. I could hear him and Doreen downstairs all day. I made sure they could hear me too - don't want them thinking about doing stupid stuff thinking the house is empty. I confront him about his brother coming back in the middle of the night. He then tells me that his brother had actually called him before midnight. I freaked out at him. Pissed off that he did not disclose this information sooner. I told him that he's not understanding the severity of the problem and that I can "technically" charge him with possession of stolen property. I don't care how some of my stuff got into his place - the fact that it's there is enough for him to be dragged to jail for at least a day. I'm hoping he will take heed to my strong advice to get himself out of my home asap before I have to take drastic measure and involve more police. So now it's a matter of just installing what we can till we get those kids out. Let it be known - I hate the fact that tenants have more rights then landlords. There should be a bylaw that allows a landlord to throw tenants out on the spot for misdemeanor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, girl! You're way too nice to this Thomas guy (not to mention "others". I honestly think you should just charge this guy instead of giving him chances after chances. His bro called him some time before midnight and didn't inform you is enough grounds to not only throw him out right there and then but it's time to take drastic measurements!
And I think it's high time to get a restraining order againts his bro and his bro's so called friend.
Anyhow, just wanna let you know that you're in my thoughts. Stay safe, kay?