My dad came into my room just now and asked where the IKEA long bench/coffee table was. We had used it as a brace for the garage door the other night. Pissed off I quickly called Thomas - he didn't pick up. I stormed downstairs to bang on his door - no one answered. After a few more pounds and calling Doreen on her cell phone (she wasn't there either). I contemplated what to do. By this time the whole family has worked ourselves up into a frenzy again.
Micheal ran around the house with a flashlight and peered through all their windows - one bonus of those cheap asses not buying blinds. He saw his poker set on the missing coffee table. That's 2 things in visible sight that has been stolen today. Grrrr!!!! We confirmed that no one was home. I said we should break in and retrieve our stuff. No one argued with me. I had some hesitation and wanted to get the opinion of a cop. So I called the Coquitlam RCMP. Finally getting through on the non-emergency line, I asked them my question. The cop said this was a civil matter and technically Thomas still lives in the suite (eventhough he took stuff) so I can't go in without giving him 24 hour notice. I thanked the cop for the info. :-)
Armed with 5 family members, cell phones and keys. We broke into the suite and rummaged through his stuff. Screw what the cops say - they haven't been any help at all in this whole ordeal. If Thomas thinks he has free reign over our stuff - same goes for us! The suite is basically empty. Looks like he's gotten rid of most of the stuff - or hopefully he's getting ready to move! We grabbed items that looked like ours - poker set and knives mostly. I told them to leave the table as I need some ammo to chew him out with tonight. I'm on the look out for his return tonight. So then we re-evaluated what's left in the garage again as we also noticed that Thomas had help himself to the paper cups, etc that was in the garage. Ir would appear that he thinks that the garage items are "shared" goods. Time to change that train of thought for him.
4 comments:
I don't even know what to say! Yikes! I'm glad that you broke in and took your things back because your tennant has no credibility anyway. What are the chances that he is going to complain to the police that you took the items he had previously stolen from you? Good job, Kim! Stay strong!
yeah, good for you... this is quite an interesting story... he doesn't seem too bright. This should have implications if you tell his social worker eh? I would :)
What happened when you confronted him about the table?
The Ministry of Childrens and Families has washed their hands of Thomas last week. He's now going to be a product of the streets. Confrontation about the table was only met with a mild sense of interest on his part. This might have been because he was high on pot and I was also yelling at him about his continued use of pot downstairs. He's a complete idiot. Oh well - we have our new locks ready. :-) It should be an interesting Halloween! 'Murder-mystery' at Kimmi's house! Muahhaaa....
Post a Comment