Tuesday, October 16, 2007

weekend update

Saturday
  • mulled around at home, didn't venture out as I was keeping an eye on my stupid renter kid
  • did some chores and watched LOTS of educational TV such as What Not To Wear!
  • kept myself occupied with making sure he knew I had my eyes/ears out for him (this was accomplished by stomping around the house and watching TV very loudly - mixed in with the occasional surprise run around the exterior of the house to make sure all windows/doors are intact)
  • That night I went over to Tanya's place to celebrate her 30th b-day with her. It was good to see her Hydro friends. Madeline was sweet and made her a brownie cake. :-) Can't get any better then good food and friends to chit chat with! We spent the night enjoying knee-slapping jokes provided by comedians Funny-Sunny and Ha-Ha-Tan. Though I groan at Tanya's ability to tell physics or engineering jokes - I'm very proud at how clever they are and how well she tells them (though 90% of the time I don't get it).
  • more jokes about your profession
  • Sunny and I discovered we share interests in tech toys (he's a newly converted MAC-lover) and had discussions on the theories of finance. Don't ask me why we landed on that topic of all things to talk about. :-) I have a knack for starting "odd" conversations.
  • Stayed over at Tanya's till super late then went home when the others did. Thanks for having us over babe!
Sunday
  • hung out downtown with Chicky
  • did some shopping on Robson Street
  • tried to wolf down my yucky Denny's meal so that we could catch a 1:30pm flick - we ended up missing the show time and I had a take out box with my whole meal (which Chicky had to carry around the rest of the afternoon)
  • we caught a B-movie (The Seeker - Darkness Rising) at 4pm - definitely NOT going to let Chicky choose movies anymore! What a waste of money - *groan*
  • ate dinner at Royal Thai - which was good. Thai food is pretty trendy - lots of places downtown are centered around that ethnic group.
  • rushed home for my shift of watching the house as everyone else also had dinner plans (some of my family still don't feel safe leaving the house empty to fend for itself)
  • spent the evening watching TV and listening to Thomas crank his stereo - he had called to say that he was having a "few" friends over. This only made me more vigilant about keeping all the lights in the house on and keeping my ears open for 'odd' sounds.
  • only heart stopping moment was when Mui Mui and I were folding clothes while watching Family Guy and someone banged on the front door loudly. I nearly jumped out of my skin as I thought someone was trying to break in. I was home alone as I live too far away for Chicky to drive down for "a bit". Cautiously I look out the front window to see a disgruntled older woman. I'm puzzled. So I go to the front door to see what she wants. She's one of Thomas' friend's moms. I guess she's not so keen on her son hanging out with Thomas. I didn't hesitate to point her in Thomas' direction. Nothing like a party-killer than a mad-mom banging on your door. Enjoying the confrontation between Thomas and this lady - I watch from behind the front window blinds. I've made it the weekend's purpose to make everyone who has been involved in this Thomas ordeal to feel as agitated as I was. This included multiple heated conversations with Christie (the youth worker) and calling Suzanna (the social worker) at home. :-) Ah - when I get fixated with being confrontational, there's no end to how many ways I can bug them. Needless to say Christie got off her lazy ass and began looking at the end of the weekend with more "purpose". She just needed to see the light (or be bashed over the top of her head with it). She made some weak promises about getting Thomas into a group home or something like that by the end of weekend. We'll see how it goes. I might have to "encourage" her again midweek so that she doesn't lose focus of our shared interest (getting Thomas' off our backs).

No comments: