On Saturday night Chicky and I went on the Vancouver Museum Haunted Trolley Tour. This is the second time I've experienced this tour. I had gone a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. So this time some of my coworkers, Chicky and I embarked on a night of ghostly delights.Before going on the tour we grabbed a quick bite at the Noodle Box on West 4th Avenue. I've never been to the Vancouver location but did get to eat at the chain in Victoria this summer and really enjoyed it. I ordered "mild-medium" this time as I had made the mistake of ordering "medium" last time thinking that a restaurant full of white people serving South East Asian food can't be that hot. I was deadly wrong! Even mild-medium for the fried rice was too spicy for me so I ended up packing mine to go. I like the portions of food for the price - pretty reasonable.
After a filling dinner and the hunt for some coffee, Chicky and I were armed with Tim Hortons and ready to tackle the wet/cold night. We started off the tour at the Vancouver Museum. The structure of the museum is very nice. :-) I haven't actually gone inside. I like the metal crab structure on the outside - will have to come back on a sunny day to take a picture of it. Before getting on the bus we had a bit of a teaser. Needless to say I yelped and had a good scare before it all started. Lol - I think my screech scared Chicky more than the actual surprise. Mmmm...dark rooms...you just KNOW something is going to jump out at you...
The tour lasted 2 hours. I felt a bit jipped this year as the hostess was trying too hard to be scary and only accomplished to be slow. She wasn't very familiar with the stories and at times looked distracted as she peered out of the bus windows and looked at the local traffic. :-) It was cool when we made a short detour to the grave yard. There was a "mystery" man lurking around the grounds but we all politely walked away from him when he came near us. Enroute to the Vancouver Police museum, another bus had mechanical problems and we nearly had to rescue them. Thank goodness their driver was able to get a boost from a passerby.
After the morgue we were rushed back to the starting point. Some of my coworkers didn't know what to say afterwards. Oh well - I guess it's one of those things that is highly dependent on your guide. If you guys get a chance - it's worth checking out once.
No comments:
Post a Comment