Thursday, October 04, 2007

crazy tenants

Well - it's official. I've just evicted the kids downstairs. For the past 2 months we've been renting to this super young couple. I consider myself a pretty patient and overall "nice" landlord. I have a few basic rules (which are laid out on paper and signed off prior to any of the kids renting). Thomas on the other hand has tried my patience and made it not worth being charitable anymore. In 2 months there have been:
  • 2 police incidents
  • domestic violence (she beating on him)
  • daily fights between the 2 of them that are so loud that we can hear every word through the floors
The primary culprit is the girlfriend as she's an emotional wreck and going through some kind of family crisis. It wouldn't be so bad if they were just crazy towards each other but lately the next door neighbor has been getting involved. Even Michael and KA had to bang on their door last week to give them a "final" warning as their craziness was driving those 2 nuts up here. I guess I'm not home enough to experience the epic fights. When I am home - I'm usually in my room - which is 2 floors above them so completely oblivious to what's going on in the basement.

So coming home after a long day of work and commuting to pull up onto the drive way and see my neighbor come out of his house to give me his daily "update" on what those 2 crazies were doing during the day was a bit too much today. Work has been really busy this week and the traffic a nightmare - I wasn't in the mood for "what they were doing while you were gone" reports. Plus the complaints from my family are accumulating and stressing me out too. I smiled politely to my neighbor and listened to the latest update about the gf running around the neighborhood last night banging on neighbor's doors because he locked her out of the house. Dragged my weary self inside, made dinner, ate it then went downstairs to confront them. They're always polite when we come banging on their door - which makes them even CRAZIER as they try to pretend that all is hunki-dorry downstairs. After I told him - I walked up the stairs and he closed the door to the suite and the fighting began. So they're out of here at the end of the month. I think we'll take a bit of a break from students for the Xmas season. I'll probably list again for the spring semester. Figure the students won't be looking till early/mid December anyhow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That sounds terrible! Hope you can make it til the end of the month!