Wednesday, October 31, 2007

more tricks than treats

The final day to our nightmare. Thomas has left the building! He actually vacated some time yesterday (while we were at work). We didn't see his stuff and noticed that he had emptied more little items from the garage - including my work shoes! Dumb ass...

Upon entering the suite tonight - I wanted to puke. It looked like he emptied 2 or 3 garbage bags onto the floors. The bathroom was horrendous and growing something funky in the toilet and tub. He ran out of there without taking his food or dishes. The floor was littered with paraphernalia - including joints, used condoms, etc. Deeming it as a hazard zone - everyone wore shoes. I made some other discoveries. There was someone's stolen credit, debit, health and HBC cards. I took pictures of all this. Because I had told him last week that I wasn't returning the damage deposit (in one of my pissed off talks with him) - he had vented his frustrations with me on the walls. The suite is now engraved with racial slurs, profanity and Nazi signs. Yes - he's real mature. In trying to throw some of the garbage out - I was happy to find bank statements, resumes, phonebooks, etc to which I had evil thoughts. :-) I held back on being vendictive when I discovered pregnancy test, documents and doctors notes. It appears our little Doreen was pregnant. That would probably account for her mood swings with Thomas. Oh boy - they're going to be one messed up family. Thinking that Karma will win in the end and that hopefully Doreen will be my ticket to retribution - I gathered the stolen cards and went to document another email to the Ministry of Childrens & Family and Thomas' parole officer. Of course I had to vent a bit on them so I detailed the email with the license plate and description of Thomas' buddy that has been hanging around here in the last week. I'm hoping that my email will get Thomas into trouble with the law as he deserves it.

That being said - I've been so preoccupied with this matter that I lost my Halloween spirit. I didn't have a costume this year and was a spectator at the annual Halloween Parade. Oh well - there's still Xmas to get excited about. My lack of enthusiasm manifested itself in the inability to plan or decorate my department with Halloween stuff. Lol - it's sort of comforting to know that in some ways my department mirrors my mood. At the same time - it's not good to have only one employee who's always hyped up about "doing" teamwork stuff. Where's the teamwork in that?! On the home front - my parents van has finally died. It's body is still in Richmond. So for the next 2 days I'll be a WestCoast Expresser again till we go buy a car on the weekend. I've been trying to convince my dad to get a truck as that's what he really needs - not another large van. Secretly I'm thinking about how useful having a truck would be when it comes to moving! :-)

2 comments:

Chris & Cindy said...

I'm still very curious about all the details! Next time I see you, I'm going to pester you with questions! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh boy! What a soap opera those two kids have written for themselves. As for getting even w/them, Kimmi, you go girl! :-) What is Doreen going to do now? Is she actually going to go through w/the whole pregnancy?
Btw, where's your car? Why do you have to take the Westcoast Express? I thought you drive your car to work. No?