On Sunday KA, Michael and I visited Mission Hill Winery. I had watched a bit of Chicky's first race on sunday but KA had said that she wanted to visit another winnery then head home - so I went with her (as they are my ride).Mission Hill was wonderful. It's been so long since I've been there (last time was for Cindy's bachelorette party). We had a delicious lunch on the outside terrace facing the vineyard. The food and view was spectacular. It was a bit chilly out but the restaurant was "classy" so they turned on the outdoor heaters beside our table. They even offered some of the guests blankets. :-) I would have loved a blanket!
I had the lunch special, which was bison steak with some vegetables. It was more about presentation than quantity of food. But what we got was absolutely yummy! After lunch we had lots of time to kill before our wine tour so we had dessert. Creme broule...mmm. Micheal and I wanted to gobble down our food but KA made us slowly eat it so that we could sit in the restaurant longer. Too bad Chicky wasn't there to enjoy the food. He didn't have too much luck with steaks all weekend - the bison steak was succulent. Check out the pictures.We did the $5 wine tour. It came with a video about the proprietor of Mission Hill and a tour of the grounds. Afterwards we tested 3 different wines. I was feeling quite warm after my second glass and couldn't finish the last (which was a vibrant red wine). KA bought a couple of bottles of the wine we tasted in the gift shop. I decided to run up and down the outdoor theatre (which is basically made of grass) to get a few shots of the buildings at different angles. My head was spinning and my heart was racing when I ran back up to KA. I giggled and said that I felt like I was having hot flashes (from the wine and running around). I'm a cheap date!
No comments:
Post a Comment