Saturday, September 23, 2006

Operation Clean Sweep

The focus this week at work has been "wellness". We had a couple of seminars on how to stay healthy and happy at work. :-) I was only in it for the gift-packages that they gave up (nothing like more Purell!). Yesterday we had "clean sweep" at work, it's an opportunity to spend a couple of hours cleaning out our department. We chased away the dust bunnies with an arsenal of cleaning supplies. Doing that made me think about the sanitary conditions at home. We're still in the middle of renovations so everything is covered in dust and dirt. My mom on top of that has had the flu and is likely spreading it to all the objects in the house. So what's better to do on a sunny saturday then to spend 4 hours cleaning!! Goodness gracious - I need a life! This house was a bigger task than I thought. I gathered my artillery of cleaning supplies, rubber gloves, garbage pail, swifter wet jet (which I just bought yesterday and really love using!) and last but not least is my MP3 player. By the time I finished vacuuming I was sweating - mental note to self...look into installing central vac. Then it was off to dusting, moping, moving furniture, etc. It's nearly 4pm and I'm satisified with the effort. Most of the rooms are sanitized. I even wiped down my window sills. All that's left is to apply Alex Plus to them to prevent mold from growing. Alex Plus is on sale (50% off) at Home Depot - if any of you are interested. Still have a lot of laundry to do - I'm trying to wash everything that my mom had her hands on. Living with a nurse also draws my attention to the need to sanitize. KA has dust allergies so she hides in the computer room when my dad is working on the house - as he's constantly sawing/drilling/sanding/painting something and it irritates her sinuses. But I should clean myself up and get ready for Shannan's birthday party tonight.

No comments: