Today I attended a yoga Flow class. It's been two months since I've done yoga so I felt out of shape. I went back to Yogapod and had Todd as an instructor. Todd enjoys "enlightening" us and in doing so I end up performing acts that defy gravity and saneness. Today we practiced Sirshasana which made me weary as it's the same pose that cause the big bruise on my leg in the summer. This time around torture-Todd decided to "help" us by binding our arms and making us hold foam blocks. It could have been a scene from a sadistic yoga movie. :-) Not surprisingly when I tried to raise my legs, while trying to keep my arms in the binds and holding my foam block, Robyn assisted in me plummeting my face into the foam which cause a sensation of someone punching me in the nose. I prefer carpet burn over this. Grunting, I got up, took off the ropes around my arms and said "your turn!" with a mischievious grin on my face. Robyn declined. She's a smart cookie. My nose still ached so I sat on the floor and pretended to play with my yoga straps while the other students in the class made repeated attempts at the hand stand. I was done with the whole "trying" thing - I was into my "give up" stage.Monday, September 11, 2006
going with the flow
Today I attended a yoga Flow class. It's been two months since I've done yoga so I felt out of shape. I went back to Yogapod and had Todd as an instructor. Todd enjoys "enlightening" us and in doing so I end up performing acts that defy gravity and saneness. Today we practiced Sirshasana which made me weary as it's the same pose that cause the big bruise on my leg in the summer. This time around torture-Todd decided to "help" us by binding our arms and making us hold foam blocks. It could have been a scene from a sadistic yoga movie. :-) Not surprisingly when I tried to raise my legs, while trying to keep my arms in the binds and holding my foam block, Robyn assisted in me plummeting my face into the foam which cause a sensation of someone punching me in the nose. I prefer carpet burn over this. Grunting, I got up, took off the ropes around my arms and said "your turn!" with a mischievious grin on my face. Robyn declined. She's a smart cookie. My nose still ached so I sat on the floor and pretended to play with my yoga straps while the other students in the class made repeated attempts at the hand stand. I was done with the whole "trying" thing - I was into my "give up" stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment