So I signed up for the one month unlimited pass at Yogapod today. I'm quite pleased that I've been able to continue my commitment to it for the past week and a half. Peter has been a great motivator and good yoga partner. We've been going everyday - we even truck in from the boonies to make it to class on the north shore on the weekends. As each day passes by I feel as if my body is getting weaker - I got to taste carpet yesterday in an attempt to do "crow". Maybe my body is rebelling cause it's not use to exercising so much. I'm hoping that after the month pass ends I will have nurtured the workout behavior. There is a 30 day yoga challenge starting June 1st. Peter and I have talked about it. Basically we'd be signing up to do yoga for 30 days consecutively - kind of like a yoga marathon. The only problem is that Peter doesn't work here (he's an Aria contractor) and if he doesn't land a job with my company then they'll be shipping him back to Seattle at the beginning of June. So he's torn as to whether or not he'll be able to continue his practice - the guy has found his calling in yoga. I probably won't be as viligant with yoga without him. I'm the type that needs a "buddy" for all cardiovascular endeavors. :-) I need encouraging expressions such as "I'm going to KILL you if you're not at yoga tomorrow morning!" It pumps up the not-so-hidden competitive part of me which in turns gets the procrastinating part up from her ass and into the studio.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Namaste
So I signed up for the one month unlimited pass at Yogapod today. I'm quite pleased that I've been able to continue my commitment to it for the past week and a half. Peter has been a great motivator and good yoga partner. We've been going everyday - we even truck in from the boonies to make it to class on the north shore on the weekends. As each day passes by I feel as if my body is getting weaker - I got to taste carpet yesterday in an attempt to do "crow". Maybe my body is rebelling cause it's not use to exercising so much. I'm hoping that after the month pass ends I will have nurtured the workout behavior. There is a 30 day yoga challenge starting June 1st. Peter and I have talked about it. Basically we'd be signing up to do yoga for 30 days consecutively - kind of like a yoga marathon. The only problem is that Peter doesn't work here (he's an Aria contractor) and if he doesn't land a job with my company then they'll be shipping him back to Seattle at the beginning of June. So he's torn as to whether or not he'll be able to continue his practice - the guy has found his calling in yoga. I probably won't be as viligant with yoga without him. I'm the type that needs a "buddy" for all cardiovascular endeavors. :-) I need encouraging expressions such as "I'm going to KILL you if you're not at yoga tomorrow morning!" It pumps up the not-so-hidden competitive part of me which in turns gets the procrastinating part up from her ass and into the studio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment