Thursday, May 04, 2006

art defined

Day 3 at YogaPod. We've ventured into the realms of Power Yoga and Hot Yoga. Though the journey has been strenuous and I feel a bit sore from all the stretching/posing. I do feel a sense of calm and happiness after each session. I think I will sign up for the unlimited month pass when I'm done with this unlimited week pass. Today as part of our warm up for Bikram (hot) yoga, the teacher explained the meaning behind one of the statues in the pod. The statue is pictured here. I like the way the teacher brings physical and mental learning together. Not only do we get to practice the physical aspects of yoga but we listen to many of it's teachings. The coolest thing was a reference to "Puja" - which means "devotion"- as that is the name of a friend of mine from Saskatoon.

While sitting in these yoga classes, I can help but admire everyone's equipment or clothing. I know I should be concentrating on myself but I'm a sucker for fashion. There are many stores in which you can deck yourself in yoga wear. I will post some of the stores on the "fun buys" links - check them out!

No comments: