So I finally went to see a professional about the state of my health. After a 2 hour wait in the walk-in clinic I was ready to call it quits and take my mom up on her home remedies. The doctor that I saw was strange. I think he was suspicious about my cough as I got it after I came back from Vietnam. He was asking me all kinds of questions related to the Bird Flu. I told him that I didn't have any fevers in the last month (as that was the only symptom that I didn't get on the Bird-Flu-symptoms list). I did request for steroids (as suggested by KA) instead of antibiotics. He ended up giving me this fancy inhaler thing. It resembles an inhaler for asthmatic people. I find that after I inhale the powder - the coughing subsides. Hopefully I will be cough-free by the weekend! Yah...looking forward to being "healthy" again.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
miracles of modern medicine
So I finally went to see a professional about the state of my health. After a 2 hour wait in the walk-in clinic I was ready to call it quits and take my mom up on her home remedies. The doctor that I saw was strange. I think he was suspicious about my cough as I got it after I came back from Vietnam. He was asking me all kinds of questions related to the Bird Flu. I told him that I didn't have any fevers in the last month (as that was the only symptom that I didn't get on the Bird-Flu-symptoms list). I did request for steroids (as suggested by KA) instead of antibiotics. He ended up giving me this fancy inhaler thing. It resembles an inhaler for asthmatic people. I find that after I inhale the powder - the coughing subsides. Hopefully I will be cough-free by the weekend! Yah...looking forward to being "healthy" again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment