I've been hacking up a lung for the last month now. The pilithera of drugs that I've swallowed have not alleviated the coughing (though it's cured the other cold-like symptoms). The attempts at getting into a walk-in clinic has been futile. There's some new rule now where doctors cap the number of patients they see daily. So my mom has decided that she would try to "cure" me herself. She's started with lime/honey/sugar hot drinks but has threatened to make "medicinal" drinks if I don't get better. I only worry as my mom is notorious for boiling roots and other dead creatures in the name of "good health". My famiy's book of home remedies includes (and is not limited to) bleed letting, cupping and steaming a cold out of you. If that doesn't raise an eyebrow then drinking animal body parts that have been boiled for hours on end should do it. Yes - who needs Tylenol gel caps when you have glass cups that are super heated then pressed against your skin to draw the "bad blood" out of you. :-)
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Mom's home-made remedies
I've been hacking up a lung for the last month now. The pilithera of drugs that I've swallowed have not alleviated the coughing (though it's cured the other cold-like symptoms). The attempts at getting into a walk-in clinic has been futile. There's some new rule now where doctors cap the number of patients they see daily. So my mom has decided that she would try to "cure" me herself. She's started with lime/honey/sugar hot drinks but has threatened to make "medicinal" drinks if I don't get better. I only worry as my mom is notorious for boiling roots and other dead creatures in the name of "good health". My famiy's book of home remedies includes (and is not limited to) bleed letting, cupping and steaming a cold out of you. If that doesn't raise an eyebrow then drinking animal body parts that have been boiled for hours on end should do it. Yes - who needs Tylenol gel caps when you have glass cups that are super heated then pressed against your skin to draw the "bad blood" out of you. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment