Sunday, June 03, 2007

red egg and ginger party

Tonight Chicky and I attended Joshua's red egg and ginger (one-month) party. It was very sweet of Chris/Cindy to invite us as everyone there were close relatives. It was good to see old familiar faces. What a surprise it was to see David and Melissa, who are Chris' cousins. I haven't seen them in years (not since before they got married). They are expecting their first baby in a month! Melissa looks great and is excited about the new baby.

The food was wonderful and I had a chance to talk to Cindy's sisters and their family. They sat with us so we chit chatted in Vietnamese about life in general. Most surprising of all was when Chris' dad pulled out the original "menu" from Chris' own red egg party (30 years ago). Wow - talk about a sentimental family! Lol - I can see where Chris gets it from. His dad even gave us the origin of the red egg and ginger party. As many of us have been to them but don't know what the significance of the egg is for.

Want to know what the Top 10 Symbolic Chinese Foods are?! Click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww...Chris' dad is so cool! Wish more families were as sentimental as Chris' dad. And Happy one month, Joshua!