
This evening KA hosted a planning bbq for her wedding party so that everyone could meet each other. I got to mooch in on the festivities - ah...the benefits of living at home with them! Just kidding, I was invited too as KA has appointed me the wedding coordinator. I given my own personal schedule (so nicely put together by her) and contact sheet of the "important" people and vendors. The great part is that KA is VERY organized so it's no work at all. She knows me well and put together the package so that I can go nuts in my hyper-organizational ways. Oh - sticky notes are so fun! I'm all about the stationary! This should be a breeze to help organize as KA has a type A personality but won't admit it. :-) I just have to make sure everyone plays their part in the whole grand scheme of things. Lol - she's utilizing my bossy/persuasive personality to her advantage.

The bbq was wonderful. TONS of food (as always) and lots of wine. Another task for tonight was for the wedding party to help in the selection of wine for the wedding reception. One bottle of red and white wine will be left on the tables for the guests to help themselves. KA and I went to the liquor store last night and picked up 6 bottles of wine that were reasonably priced (considering she wants to provide wine for all the guests). The consensus is that most of the guests won't know how to drink wine so it won't matter so much what she serves as long as it's easy to drink. So we ate the chicken, ribs, salads, appetizers, fresh fruits (which was the favorite dish for everyone), desserts and sampled the wines. Only some of KA's friends actually drink - so it turned out to be 6 people who actually had wine. Which meant we would have to drink an equivalent of a bottle each. Doh...dumb asian blood prevents me from having more than one glass before I
look drunk. :-) Good thing I'm at home already and can stumble around the house without embarrassing myself too much. It was nice to meet the wedding party and I'm looking forward to seeing them on the BIG day. But till then there are many more parties to plan for and last minute details to put together.

By the way - BBQs are so fun and easier to prepare food for. :-) Chicky and I had our own bbq dinner friday night - just the 2 of us as everyone in my family had things to do or go to. He made himself lamb and I waited for him to cook something as it was taking too long. He still needs help in the bbqing-meat department. While standing around the bbq last night we agreed that if we ever owned a home, a bbq would be one of the first things we'd buy. Not just any size...has to be Chicky size! :-) Mmmm....bbq meat...
No comments:
Post a Comment