Sunday, June 24, 2007

a day in the life of a wedding photographer

Saturday my sister had a hair/make up consultation with Bello Wedding World. She wanted to take the opportunity to take some "pre-wedding" pictures with herself all done up. I had asked some friends to shoot the pictures for her. Unfortunately when Saturday rolled around, she was without a photographer. So I offered my amateur services. :-) Both of us were a bit nervous at the whole idea. I've never taken wedding pictures before. My specialty lies within food!

So I looked around for my gear and we got her dressed in Betty's wedding dress (as she still doesn't have hers yet). Micheal, she and I went down to Rocky Point in Port Moody to take some pictures. The weather was grey and looked like it was on the verge of rain. We crossed our fingers for some blue sky and it worked! The rain held back and we were able to take some pictures around the park. We drew a lot of attention as it was just the 3 of us and the 2 of them were all dressed up.

At the park KA wanted to go to the downtown public library to take some pictures. She likes the structure of that building. So off we went to try to get in the last few rays of sunshine. The library was packed with people. It was fun shooting down there with the crowds. Neither of us knew what we were doing so it was a lot of trial and error to get what she wanted out of me. :-)

I've posted some of the pics to my web album. Take a look if you like.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Kim! Can't tell the difference between your photos and photos taken by a professional. Instead of shooting photos as a hobby, why not make it your p/t career? You're really good at it. KA looks beautiful and Michael looks good. Seriously, I think you should make photography as a p/t business (of your own). When and if you have some time, some time after KA's wedding, do you think you could get a photo of Brandon and Nathan together cuz I'd like to make it as a b'day to my mom. And probably a family portrait w/the two boys as well. Thanks.

wyn said...

Ooooh, your pictures are beautiful! You have great skills and the subjects looked to be delightful to follow around and snap shots of. :-)

Charlene said...

You did a great job on the photos Kim.

Chris & Cindy said...

very nice pics... they look ready to be married. One question - I've always wondered - is his name really MICHEAL? I've only ever seen it spelt MICHAEL. He is being "different"? :)

The Mackeys said...

Great job Kimmy! I saw them on Facebook and thought beautiful! Well done Kimmy!