Tuesday, July 11, 2006
ranting lunatic
I just wrote a REALLY long blog under this title but I hit the wrong button and now it's all gone. Boohoo! Maybe it's a sign that I need to flush it out of my system. Anyhow - I'll give you the Coles Notes version. Here goes. Tonight I got into a tiff with some dumbass man who parked his car too close to mine at the Fitness World in Coquitlam. He ended up putting an impression of his plate into my vehicle. In my rage over having my car damaged, I was on a quest to hunt down the driver and MURDER him. Unlucky for him I spotted him by accident as I was leaving Fitness World (I went in there to have him paged). Anyhow I sprinted across the parking lot, created a huge scene (imagine a tall asian girl that knows how to project her voice crusing at a short white man who had an immigrant look to him). Obviously playing the crazy-lunatic got me nowhere (though it did serve to get my adrenaline pumping and make me talk faster and louder). The conversation with him only proved to make me angrier. He reacted to my behaviour and the situation escalated. He and I exchanged many not too friendly words which I won't repeat as this is a G-rated site. There was more than once where I imagined myself slamming his head against my bumper because he didn't "see" the damage. I think a more "up close and personal" look may have changed his mind! I didn't have the fore thought to take a picture of his car against mine. Which is silly as I carry my camera with me everywhere (for just these kinds of moments). In the heat of the moment I lose all sense of logic and go on pure emotion. This is not very good as I tend to have thoughts of violence when it comes to people vandalizing my car. Must be emotional baggage from the numerous times the Civic damaged in the past. Mental note to yourself here: don't mess with my car if you don't want to deal with Krazy-Kim. So now it's going to be in the hands of ICBC to determine whether or not he will be liable for the damages. Realistically I don't think I will fix the bumper if he doesn't fess up. I'm not going to put out money unnecessarily. I'm just disappointed as this car is not even a year old and I might be filing a claim against it. I don't want it to have the same claims-track-record as my Civic. :-( I think I was the only person in my group of friends with the highest number of claims against a 5 year old vehicle - the poor Civic. The Civic as bad luck (but GREAT on gas)...this car is suppose to be my good luck charm. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment