Sunday, July 30, 2006
emotionally detached
I feel emotionally detached lately - well...more so then I usually am. Of the girls in the group - I don't think I'm the one you would run to if you needed someone to cry with or share your emotions with. This week a friend has been reaching out for someone to "be there" for her and I feel like I've failed her. I feel so sad for her but I don't know what to do. I don't believe in sitting around and having crying-fests but there are certain friends that don't like doing things when they are depressed. My strategies for coping with stress are different from those around me so when I'm confronted with a friend who needs emotional help and is turning to me for it - I feel like I have to do something. But what? My daily life revolves about being objective and hearing all the facts before making an informative decision. I live in a box and can't think outside of it. I feel that when I try to be supportive, I end up not fulfilling their need for comfort but just aggrevating the situation even more. I will always be there for all my girls and they know that they can count on me for getting things done. Ah - it breaks my heart to see her so sad. I wish there was something that I could say or do that would brighten her spirits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kim,
I think that you are being unfairly hard on yourself. When I was upset about my breakup, you were extremely supportive and kind. I can't thank you enough for your help during those dark days. Your objectivity was a benefit because I was completely unable to be so myself. You are such a fantastic person and what is even more fantastic about you is that you don't even know it!
Hey Kim, I know that you're always there for me, I never have any doubt about that. I also know that we deal with sadness very differently, which is ok too. I was in a state, where nothing anyone could say would really make me feel better, I was just so sick with worry about my dad. It was nice to talk to you, even if it is just to talk about other stuff and get my mind off things. You've always been a great friend, so please don't feel bad.
Post a Comment