Tuesday, May 15, 2007

not pizza again!!!


This afternoon I attended a seminar on team building hosted by the Help Desk Institute of BC. Title of the seminar? "Not Pizza Again!!! Having Fun with Your Team". As always I'm very pleased to have the opportunity to attend such seminars that are centered around this topic as it's dear to my corporate-heart. :-) I think my manager doesn't mind giving me the afternoon off for this type of seminar because I am actively involved in the social clubs. Beats going to tech seminars! The speaker was great and had interesting ideas on how to mold your team towards functionality. I quite enjoyed the ex cerises (such as drawing a giraffe at the start of the seminar). Hopefully we'll be able to incorporate these ideas into future events or integrate them into the subculture. I was quite pleased that our departmental social club had already accomplished many of the goals and on a corporate social club level we were pretty organized. I met other team leads and discovered that many support centers suffer from the same issues on stress, morale and attrition that we did.

At the end of the day I had a smile on my face and was pumped full of Gung Ho energy. Now to bring that same level of energy and enthusiasm back into the office to conquer those skeptics that stand in my way! I'll even try out some of the games we learned on you guys one day! :-) They make good party games.

No comments: