After dinner the women centered around the kitchen and did some manicures and pedicures. Betty painted her mom's nails and Carol's nails. I wasn't really interested in painting my nails as they always get chipped at work. Nyah is such a cutie and growing up very quickly too. She's very strong and wants to sit up at 3 months - we think she might be teething too! Hanif told us that he wants to pierce her ears. We all said to wait till she's at least 6 months old. She's at the age where she's starting to be interactive so it's fun to play with her and watch her react to us. I've loaded new pics of her to the album as well. Everyone was here till nearly 1am and I got barely any sleep as I had to work EARLY today. I think it was eating cake and dessert so late at night - we were still on a sugar kick. Only Angelina had to go to bed early as she has school the next day. Oh boy was I tired after having like 3 hours of sleep last night! Time for bed now!
Monday, May 14, 2007
Happy Mother's Day!
Sunday afternoon we celebrated Mother's Day with Chicky's family at Kirin Restaurant. Had some dim sum and enjoyed the company of Brandan and Nathan. I haven't seen Nathan since the hospital. He's growing up so quickly! Took a few new pics of him for my web album. His one-month party is this weekend so time is sure flying by!
In the evening my family and Betty's family had a Mother's Day bbq. My family LOVES to bbq and even though the weather was cloudy and gusty - it didn't stop them from standing outside next to the grill. Plus it's easier than trying to get a table for 15 people at any restaurant. It's so fun having a big family - get togethers are so loud and obnoxious. We had some great food, played with Nyah, painted nails, ate some more and played some poker. It was nice to have the whole family relaxing and doing their own things. We're all looking forward to the summer bbq season and are already scoping out potential sites for us to spend our weekends at. I think Cultus Lake will remain a family favorite though. Lots of great memories there and it's so convenient.
After dinner the women centered around the kitchen and did some manicures and pedicures. Betty painted her mom's nails and Carol's nails. I wasn't really interested in painting my nails as they always get chipped at work. Nyah is such a cutie and growing up very quickly too. She's very strong and wants to sit up at 3 months - we think she might be teething too! Hanif told us that he wants to pierce her ears. We all said to wait till she's at least 6 months old. She's at the age where she's starting to be interactive so it's fun to play with her and watch her react to us. I've loaded new pics of her to the album as well. Everyone was here till nearly 1am and I got barely any sleep as I had to work EARLY today. I think it was eating cake and dessert so late at night - we were still on a sugar kick. Only Angelina had to go to bed early as she has school the next day. Oh boy was I tired after having like 3 hours of sleep last night! Time for bed now!
After dinner the women centered around the kitchen and did some manicures and pedicures. Betty painted her mom's nails and Carol's nails. I wasn't really interested in painting my nails as they always get chipped at work. Nyah is such a cutie and growing up very quickly too. She's very strong and wants to sit up at 3 months - we think she might be teething too! Hanif told us that he wants to pierce her ears. We all said to wait till she's at least 6 months old. She's at the age where she's starting to be interactive so it's fun to play with her and watch her react to us. I've loaded new pics of her to the album as well. Everyone was here till nearly 1am and I got barely any sleep as I had to work EARLY today. I think it was eating cake and dessert so late at night - we were still on a sugar kick. Only Angelina had to go to bed early as she has school the next day. Oh boy was I tired after having like 3 hours of sleep last night! Time for bed now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment