Sunday, May 06, 2007

chicago

Yesterday afternoon Chicky took me to see Chicago (the musical). It was playing at the The Centre. He was really sweet and surprised me with the tickets Friday night. :-) A late birthday present.

We had lunch at Tan Popo on Denman before going over the theatre. I really like musicals, plays, etc so that was a sweet surprise. I thought the musical was good and with each scene, I couldn't help but remember the movie that came out of this play. :-) After 3 hours of song and dance, both Chicky and I were tired. Chicky has strep throat so he's been on drugs for a week now and I had another long week of sleep deprivation. It was quite a feat for him to stay conscious throughout the musical. After the play we headed back to his place. I passed out for 3 hours then woke up to find out it was dark. Chicky wanted to watch Spiderman so we went to the theatre to try to catch a late showing. Only one left was an 11:15pm show. So late! But we saw it anyways. Chicky had to work on Sunday so he must have been tired. Spiderman 3 was a disappointment - maybe there was so much hype about it that I expected more. Oh well...there's still the "summer block busters" like Transformers to look forward to!

No comments: