This week's audio book was the Dalai Lama's "The Meaning of Life", excerpts from his lecture series. I thought the audiobook would be a nice change from my usual genre (self-help and thrillers). I found that not only did the audiobook was hard to understand (circular reasoning) but also contributed to my falling-asleep-at-the-wheel-syndrome. Don't get me wrong, I did learn much about Buddist philosophy and the meaning of the Karma, etc but I would probably recommend that this book be read instead of listened to. As some of the concepts are cyclic and normal comprehension is unfeasible.Sort of related to the Dalai Lama...here's a personality test sent to me by a coworker that has quotes from the Dalai Lama. Take it and see what you're true inner self is like. I was pleasantly surprised with the answers. It's true - Chicky (to me) is "somone that you will remember for the rest of your life".
On a more fun note - I started another Dean Kootnz (my favorite author) book. I'm now listening to "The Husband". Much more entertaining as I'm at the part where the wife's kidnappers are going to chop off her fingers if the husband tells the detective that someone has kidnapped his wife. I think I enjoy the fictional audiobooks more as they don't require that much concentration and the most of the storylines are good. Unfortunately my only mode of listening to them is burning them to disk and loading them into the CD player. A bit of an inconvenience as after I listen to the audiobooks, I have ot store the CDs somewhere. The probability of me re-listening to an audiobook is minute therefore I need another form of media to store it in. I've got to figure out a way to hook up the iPAQ to the stereo system. That or get an IPOD and FM receiver. Ah...more gadgets...
No comments:
Post a Comment