Tuesday, September 25, 2007

connecting with friends

This weekend Chicky and I had a chance to hang out with our dear friends. Saturday afternoon the girls and I had a wonderful lunch at Joey Tomatoes. The food was great and the company even better! I highly recommend the open apple pie...mmmm!!! It's been a couple of months since we've done the luncheon thing and it was nice to catch up with everyone. That night Chicky and I went over to Toshiki's new home in Port Moody to enjoy some more food and catching up with the regular groupies. It was great to see Joshua - he's growing up so fast and is always smiling! The good thing about these parties is that we can all see the kids.

Sunday Chicky and I slept in till noon - we're usually pooped out after a full week of work. After lunch we headed over to Chris' place so that he could do some car stuff. Cindy, Chau, Joshua and I went to the mall to see if there was anything interesting - watching the boys play around in the yard wasn't our cup of tea. Joshua was a good sport and didn't fuss while we tried on clothes, etc. There wasn't anything new or interesting to see at the mall - we did pick up a few things though then it was time for a quick detour into T&T for some groceries. Sunday night was Little Michael's birthday so we went over to Betty's place for some hotpot. Chicky and I were rushing a bit as we left Chris' place late and had to stop off at home to get the hotpot supplies. Betty made tons of food for all of us - she's famous for being the Martha-Stewart-type of hostess. Nyah has grown up so quickly. I can't believe how mobile she is! She zips around the floors so fast that we can't keep up. It's so cute - she's got quite the fascination with food and wants to put everything into her mouth. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera so I didn't get a chance to take pictures of her in action. She's 7 months old but I think she'll be ready to walk in a month or so as she crawls over to things and wants to hold onto them to stand up. She even played with Chicky and wanted to use him as leverage to stand up and walk around. Aww - how cute! I feel like I missed out on a lot of her life as well. :-) I think the last time I saw her was for a few minutes at KA's wedding and she was barely sitting then.

I'm looking forward to this weekend though as Chicky and I don't have anything booked into our calendars so I basically have declared Saturday as PJ-day. Good time to watch my FAVORITE tv show - HEROES! I have school on Monday nights so I have to record the show to watch later. Boohoo! :-) It's nice to just bum around for a weekend and not have something to go to. The only thing on the agenda that is semi important is studying for my first of 3 Economics midterms. I skipped class last week (which is crazy as I've only had 3 classes so far into the semester). Went to school yesterday and was lost in the financial jargon. :-) Duh! Time to cram before the exam. Bumming around won't last long though as it's back to busy weekends after that till Christmas. :-) The downside to being on these social clubs - too many events to attend. This is why I need the HIGH levels of caffeine surging through my veins...to keep up with you guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I missed out on lunch. The flu seems to be lingering around although the sore throat is somewhat gone. Honey water does wonders for sore throats. Looking forward for this flu to totally go away.
Joshua sounds like a very well behaved baby. Wish Nathan was more like him (Joshua). Had my parents care for the boys on the weekend as I didn't wanna pass the flu onto them. Brandon was lucky to recover in such a short time. My parents had to call Peter to pich Nathan up cuz they just couldn't handle him (Nathan).
Anyhow, I'm glad you had a good weeked. Hope to catch up w/you soon.