Tracey stopped by tonight to drop off my hiking pack and punch bowl. I was starting to load pictures from the b-day party on the weekend to the blog site but didn't end up doing it. KA was working on scrapbooking and that got Tracey to rethinking about the idea of making her own invitations. We had mixed opinions about this. After some talking and looking at samples I've collected over the years (I like collecting hand made cards as I know the people put a lot of time and effort into them) - I think she's going to explore the topic a bit more before deciding. I've seen the amount of work it goes into creating a hand made invitation (from Josie, Michelle, KA's wedding). Nah - not my cup of tea. I'm efficiency driven remember?! Tracey and KA talked more about wedding planning in general. Tracey was interested in what worked and what challenges KA faced for her own wedding planning and wedding day.
The 4 of us went out to dinner and it was good to hear how Tracey's wedding plans are going. She's very organized and has booked all the major vendors. She's now at the stage where she can work on the small ticket items. It was funny hearing KA and Mike share their experiences, what they would redo if they had to plan the wedding again, etc. :-) I'm sure Tracey is getting all kinds of advice from those who have gone through it before. :-) A wedding is a very personable event. Never the same as someone elses but if you can avoid making mistakes - then why not right? I truly think the stress that she (and all other brides) feel during the planning stage is what makes the wedding the most memorable. I think we might check out some more paper/stationary vendors one of these weekends. I like stationary so I wouldn't mind going along with her. Lol - though I might end up buying stuff I don't need! Paper Poet here we come!
4 comments:
So give me the go-ahead when I can start planning (or help planning) Kelvin's bachelor party :)
Haha - too funny. I think the bigger task is convincing him to get married in the first place! I'll let you know when we need Joshua to be the ring boy. ;-)
I do what I can... but who knows what he's thinking :) (I think he wants it that way).
So can Katarina be one of the flower girls?? ha ha ha ;-)
Post a Comment