Yesterday the kids and I figured we'd head out to Cultus Lake for our annual family bbq. Mother nature didn't agree with us. When we woke up - the rain was coming down! This really sucked as I was looking forward to lying on the grass and engoring myself with food.
We headed over to Betty & Hanif's new condo instead. They've just moved in and are still in the process of unpacking. How sweet of them to host us. The condo is really nice - it has a great view and I love the floor to ceiling windows. Plus the convenient part is that they are across the street from their old place so they can run back and forth between locations.
This weekend I had an impromptu garage sale as well. Was trying to clear out a basement full of furniture so that the students can move in. Thomas and Doreen (the students) stopped by on Saturday to get keys, etc. This was the first time I met Doreen. During small talk I found out she's in grade 11!!! My mouth almost dropped to the floor. I knew Thomas was young (19) but thought his girlfriend would be the same age. So I had to get her parents information as she's under age. The last thing I need is some old east indian man banging on my door wondering where his daughter is. :-) It should be interesting with this couple. They've only been dating and now they've moved in with each other. Plus she starts grade 12 next year. Wow - so young! Oh well - as long as they are good kids - that's all I care about.
The sun is starting to shine. I crave outdoor activities but haven't had a chance to plan a hike or something. Maybe our next girls outing will be a stroll around the lake. :-)
3 comments:
I was afraid where this sentence was going: "The last thing I need is some old east indian man banging....."
:)
You shoulda told us you weren't going to Cultus Lake.... we SHOWED UP AND NO-ONE WAS THERE!!!
... kidding!
Hahhaaa...and the renters get even more interesting. First day they moved in...that night we had cops come over. My parents are starting to think that this was a VERY bad idea for these kids....
DO TELL!
Post a Comment