My family from Hawaii is still with us. We've been trying to entertain them long after the wedding. My dad took my uncle and aunt to Prince George to visit some other cousins. Their son decided to stay behind. I've been trying to keep Nong - my cousin - entertained. Poor guy has been living on the internet since arriving here. He's thankful we're fully equipped to entertain him electronically!
Since going back to work this week, Nong has been at the mercy of the old people. He's 20 and gets restless. Thursday night I was fixing the computer downstairs and looked over to see him dying in boredom. I had taken down the internet for a day to fix it and forgot to tell him. So he had nothing to play with for a whole day. Plus he was stuck with my mom all day, who was 'mothering' him. :-) Feeling sorry for the guy, I look up and said "let's do something fun!" His eyes lite up. I'm pretty much pooped after work so I didn't know what to do. Good thing there's Google! I went searching for something that would appeal to his age group.
Well - Thursday nights are "international student night" at Aubar. Perfect...a bunch of kids that don't speak english well. He should fit in just fine. We headed out to the club at 9pm. I haven't been clubbing in AGES! Things have changed. We lined up for 1.5 hours. Thank goodness it wasn't raining. I tried to be social and spark up conversations with the people around us. There were so many languages being spoken. It was so interesting! I love hearing other languages. We befriended an italian girl and 2 mexican guys. While in line ClubESL was trying to sell tours to everyone. Another interesting thing was the dress code. Some people looked like students - backpacks and all. All the way to girls decked in true "clubbing/trashy" gear. Aubar had cheap drinks so it appealed to all the students. Lol - after talking to some of them - I found that my english began to degrade. At one point I was pretending to be an international student as well just so that we'd blend in. :-) My goodness...I felt like their den mom! So many YOUNG kids!!! Hahaa....
Once inside I showed Nong how to do some shooters and dance it up on the dance floor. I was a bit concerned about parking and having to work in a few hours. :-) Living on the edge...only need 2 hours of sleep before work! The music was a bit hard to dance to - trance mixed with latin music. Plus Nong felt awkward. Hahaaa...don't know how cool it is to go clubbing with your older cousin and trying to meet girls. :-) I tried to get in with some Japanese girls for him but they were snobby and didn't want to talk to me - too bad for him! After 45 mins inside we called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment