More good news - on top of being an expecting mom, Carol has also won a scholarship to the Registered Nursing program at her school. Beating out 124 applicants - what a smart cookie! So she'll be leaving the Licensing Practical Nursing program (which is too bad as she's only weeks from completing the program) and going up the medical-totem-pole to hang out with the RN's. Of course this won't start till after the baby is born. I'm very proud of Carol and all that she has accomplished. She's had her share of life challenges but has managed to make the best of every situation and not only excels at all that she endeavors but also exceeds the expectations of others. I don't think many of her peers can say that they've accomplished as much in a short period of time. Good job Carol!
That being said there's been more added pressure from the visiting family for me to "do something with my life". Lol - apparently not being married, being a nurse, owning a home or having kids is a "bad" thing. Both of my sisters have set the bar pretty high and it's going to be a challenge to be par to them. Doh! I'll just have to bask in their glory for now. :-) I love them both to death and am happy to be able to be there to share in all the happy moments. Can't wait to play with the baby!!
2 comments:
Hi Kim! Send my congrats to Carol and Minh! Wow! That's great that they are expecting their second child. It wasn't long ago that they were still debating as to whether or not they wanted to have a second child. I'm so happy for them and for your whole family. Congrats! on being an aunt again.
As for you, Kimmi, you've been fairly successful in your career as well. So no need to need put pressure on yourself but I would love it and would be the happiest person if you were about to become my SIL. I love you like a sis and you know that. For the longest time, I have always dreamed that you would officially join our family.
BTW, send my congrats to Angelina for becoming a big sis to her baby sibling. It's great that your family has and had two great happy event - one is KA getting married and now, Carol is expecting again.
Actually, your family has three happy events w/the addition of Carol getting a scholarship for her nursing program. She has accomplished alot in her life and in a fairly short time as well. It's nice to see that you have such a loving family/a loving relationship for your sibling. That's always nice. Wish every family was like that.
Post a Comment