Thursday, February 01, 2007

khai

On Tuesday Chicky and went out for dinner at Khai on Seymour and Robson. It was Thai food with flare! The restaurant is nicely decorated in traditional Thai fixtures. The waitresses are pretty in their traditional costumes as well. :-) Yes - I enjoy my food more when it's presented to me by good looking people!

We ended up ordering an appetizer sampler. Spring rolls, calamari, fish cakes and an unknown purple-flower-looking thing (can't really see it in the pic). I made Chicky be the guinea pig. The purple mass turned out to be some kind of rice roll with a sweet filling. I would rank it as a dessert than as an appetizer. For our main course Chicky order "chicken with garlic rice". What he envisioned was not what appeared on our table. :-) Oh well...learning experience. I went with my usual "spicy green beans" dish. Can't go wrong with that...or can you?! The waitress asked me how hot I wanted it - so I said..."sure...make it hot". Ah...my version of hot and theirs is totally different. Chicky and I were in tears after a couple of bites. We frowned at our food (as neither of us was really satisfied) and managed to eat as much as we could. My dish was too spicy so we had to compensate with more rice, water and slurping down Chicky's MSG soup.

The food wasn't as good as Green Basil. I think I'll take Chicky there sometime so that he can compare. :-)

No comments: