Tuesday, February 20, 2007

friends & family

Last night I had dinner with Chicky's family (without him). We celebrated Brandon's real birthday. The food was good and we talked about the upcoming Malaysia trip. Chicky's parents are heading out next week and we follow the week after that. The plans are coming together. Chicky booked our hotel in Singapore (it was fun deciding if we wanted to be cheapos and stay on the "red light district" or pay a bit more for a "normal" hotel). We went with the normal hotel. His parents booked us a 3 day tour to an island (Lankawi) which sounds really nice. Looking forward to that as well. :-) Where's my sunscreen?!

Tracey stopped by after work tonight. It was great to see her as I haven't seen in a couple of weeks an with the excitement of her engagement - she had to share the juicy details in person. She's such a sweetheart and it was hard not to share in the enthusiasm and delight in her voice/face. Shawn should be happy to have someone as caring as her for a wife!

After Tracey left, Thia stopped by to visit. :-) I had just gotten home and put on my jammies so it was nice to have the girls swing by. I've been trying to catch up with everyone as our lives are constantly changing and not everyone subscribes to blogging. Thia is doing well - she cut off off all her long hair. :-) I guess you don't need long hair after you get married right? We talked a bit about Nyah (as she went to visit Betty on the weekend) and also chit chatted about life in general. Thia is a very thoughtful girl too - always full of craft ideas! Hopefully we can have her and her husband over for another family poker game (cause I'm sure he'd love it).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! I assure you that you're definitely gonna love spending 3 days in Langkawi. Wish Peter and I did that while we were on our honeymoon but we didn't really have the time and I fell sick in M'sia as well. But yeah, you're gonna love Langakawi and you're difinitely gonna love Singapore.