Wednesday, June 21, 2006

too much caffeine

So it's 2:15am and I'm wide awake. I have an 12-8pm shift tomorrow so that's ok I guess. I had a cup of coffee about 2 hours ago. Bad idea. I spent the last couple of hours working on a logo for our department. This is suppose to be a "fun" task that is going to enhance the department. So far I don't think many people are as Gung Ho about it. We have 3 tasks to complete by Thursday.
  1. bring in a baby picture
  2. do a SWOT analysis of our department (this is like REAL "thinking" work)
  3. design a logo for the department so that they can "brand" stuff
I've got the baby picture part covered. :-) Ah - given that I'm not an artist and that I RARELY use pen/paper...drawing a logo was quite the task. I drew a couple of pictures that are awful looking but what the heck - it's the thought that counts. I'm not going to put much effort into the SWOT as I think this is something that the managers and supervisors should be developing - not front line staff. Enough about work. I feel that my life is starting to revolve around it. I went to the library the other day with KA. Came out with 3 books. "Confessions of a Shopoholic", "Gung Ho" (building team morale within corporations) and "100 business ideas that cost under $5000". So I'm either going to stop shopping, improve the corporate spirit at work or start a new business. Or none of the above! :-)

No comments: