Thursday, June 29, 2006
Grinding my way to the top
Today I kicked off the anual Grouse Grind adventure. It was trecherous and I questioned myself many times as to what benefit I was getting out of torturing my body on a hot summer day. I've committed myself to doing it once a week with the Grinding Gang. Just some co-workers who are gung ho about that staircase-to-hell. I'm actually pretty happy that I've been keeping up with my daily yoga class and now with the Grind added to the routine - I should see some improvement in my endurance. Part way up the trail today I was sure I would have sold my soul for a new set of lungs! It was pretty depressing because I was tired and when I saw the girl with the dress shoes, the guy in the jeans and the guy carrying the laptop bag (yes - I recognized it as one...Targus...can't miss that brandname) pass me by it made me just groan even louder. :-) All said and done - it felt GREAT when I reached the top and it was all smiles on my face. Ah...the benefits of selective memory. The feeling of accomplishment in the end TOTALLY makes up for the negative thoughts I had on the way up. I would highly recommend the hike if you have nothing else to do and want to see how fast you can reach hyper-ventilation and nausea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment