Last night I had dinner with some of Chicky's cousins. His cousin Kin was in town from London for the wedding and leaving today so he wanted to get everyone together. This is a picture of some of them having drinks at Steamworks while we waited for our dinner reservation.
We went down to Kitanoya Guu with Otokamae in Gastown. The food was interesting and good - not your typical all-you-can-eat Japanese joint. I was pretty amused at the way the staff screams a greeting at you when you come through the door. It's a cool place to just hang out, drink some liquour (or sake) and have some tappas. We ordered a whole bunch of food and just shared everything. Mike knew the menu well so he was able to make recommendations. I tried everything - though some of the dishes were strange to look at. Yen admired the hot Japanese waiter. Japanese guys have the coolest hair. Check out my image gallery for all the food pics!After a very filling dinner, we walked around downtown and went to get icecream. As I strolled along with them I couldn't help but chuckle because we looked like a large group of tourists (with our backpacks, etc). There was 11 of us and when we wanted to jay walk across a street - cars had to stop. :-) Power to the masses!
No comments:
Post a Comment